November 27, 2010
Please note I wrote this post well over three and a half years ago. And while I still sometimes feel like shit, this particular set of circumstances have long resolved themselves and now I’m on to a whole new set of joys and sorrows.
I’ve been tempted to take down this post since it no longer reflects my life. However, the number people who find this post by searching “I feel like shit” is truly amazing. So, we’ve all been here. Your reasons are not my reasons, but the resulting feelings are the same – shitty.
So, I leave this post up as a kind of a public service. Feel free, as others have, to unburden yourself of all the ways you feel shitty. Let others witness it. There can be healing in simply letting the shitty feelings be known. Write on, my brothers and sisters, write on. By exposing and releasing your pain, others will know they are not alone, and perhaps you can help them feel less shitty.
And remember, while you may shitty right now, it will pass. Nothing is quite as impermanent as feelings.
Hang in there.
- I bored shitless at my job
- I am not getting the respect I feel I deserve at work
- Two of my cats are dying of kidney failure
- I canceled my trip to England because of the reason above
- I am out $500 for said canceled trip
- Dying cats are expensive
- My teacher cannot even drop me a quick email expressing regret that I won’t be at Festival or that my animals are sick
- I’m depressed (can’t tell if that is a separate issue from all of the above, or the result of)
The last two or three weeks have been completely sucky, and there is no end in sight.
May 2009 Update: an ungodly number of people find this post by searching “I feel like shit”. I am truly sorry you’re feeling like shit. Trust me, I’ve been there. But, it does get better. So until then, have a laugh courtesy of Cute with Chris: