Gosh, someone likes me, someone really likes me. I got tagged by Stevo. Wish I knew seven people to tag who haven’t been tagged, so I’ll just list ’em and move on:
Seven random things about me
- As a wee youngster, my parents were talked into buying accordion lessons by a door-to-door accordion lesson salesman. Both my brother and I spent a brief stint at the Milton Mann School of Accordion. I was always jealous that my parents sprang for the deluxe portrait package of my brother and his accordion. Hell, I think there was even an oil portrait made of one of the pictures. Perhaps I should be grateful that there is no evidence of my Lady of Spain years.
- Many decades before I became the Lazy Buddhist, I was the Slutty Christian. But, I put my church going days behind me when I became too embarrassed to go anymore after a church field trip where I made out with a boy who was already going steady with another girl. I was in seventh grade and he and his girlfriend were in ninth. I was afraid she was going to kick my ass. So I kicked Jesus to the curb and never looked back.
- In addition to my prematurely gray hair, I inherited from my mother the love of the phrase “oh shit.” As a kid my mother’s use of the term was so pronounced that our myna bird, Joe, picked up the phrase thus increasing his vocabulary by about 50%. “My name is Joe.” “I want a bath” and “Oh shit!” were the only things he could say. Oh, and scream as if he were a small child being murdered. This made us immensely popular with the neighbors,
- Children frighten me.
- The boyfriend’s computer lack of computer literacy drives me nuts (she says as she walks him through how to attach a file to an email for the 1,324,987th time)
- Maureen McCormick‘s (aka Marsha Brady) dad was a sixth grade teacher at my elementary school. I almost peed myself with excitement when he brought her to an assembly for show and tell.
- I ain’t fancy. I still think a bowl SpaghettiOs makes a fine, fine meal.